Friday, October 9, 2009

almond and cheese tart



I have always wanted to bake.


Though I do not have a full scale oven, I make do with the oven toaster.


I once made this when I was in college and this is my second attempt.

It still taste the same. :-)


Ingredients:


for the dough


4cups flour
2tsp salt
1 and 3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp sugar
1 egg

for the filling
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cups shredded almonds
1/4 cup grated cheese

equipment:

tart mould
oven toaster

procedure:

1. mix all dough ingredients and knead.
2. wrap in a plastic and set-aside inside the refrigerator for 30 mins
3. place in a saucepan all the filling ingredients and cook over slow fire for 8minutes
4. constant stirring is required because the milk might burn.once cooked, this has a sticky consistency, moreso, when cooled.
5. remove the dough from the ref and portion small amounts to line the tart mould.
6. half fill the tart mould (lined with the dough) with the cooked milk filling
7. place in the oven toaster for 8-10minutes. make sure to check if the top is not burning.if you can lower the temp of your oven then do so for moe even cooking.

milk tends to brown easily.

8. remove fom mould
9. let cool
10. wrap






1 Comment:

♥peachkins♥ said...

Hello. I got here through GT...I enjoyed browsing over your recipes..